Popular Posts

Candice: Victoria’s Secret 2011


In a recent interview, Candice revealed the major contrast between her upbringing and her current lifestyle as a top model.

“I grew up on a huge dairy-and-cattle farm, my world of adventure. South Africa is a unique and mysterious place it does have its share of problems, but that is part of our character. The state I live in is called KwaZulu-Natal, one of the most beautiful parts of South Africa: we had the beach, the mountains, tropical weather in summer, and snow in winter. The Zulu culture is a huge part of who I am today, and I feel privileged to have grown up with that beauty around me.”

When she was a teenager, Candice finally ventured away from home. “I was 15 when I went to London for the first time. I had never taken a flight, I didn’t even know what a subway was there were so many things I had to learn; it was a brave step for me, and for my parents to let me go, but I was so excited to experience the world that I didn’t care what it took. I had grown up my entire life on my farm and spent four years at boarding school, but I always knew there was so much more to see and I wanted to do it all on my own. I’m a very independent person, and achieving what I have alone feels so much more rewarding.”
 
coompax-digital magazine